Tuesday, August 12, 2014

And the winners are...

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments and well wishes on my blogiversary. It truly warms my heart to know that so many of you enjoy visiting my blog and seeing what I'm up to. Without further ado, the winner of the little table topper is Michelle. And the second place winner of some surprise goodies is Rebecca.

I finally got around to cutting into the fabric for my new quilt the other night. Here's the first block...it still needs sewn together. I'm going to make a few more of these and then decide if it's the pattern I want to use for the quilt or not.


And just because I love sharing pictures from my garden, here are a few. The first plant is called a torch flower. I planted a whole row and only one came up. I think it may have something to do with the fact that the wild bunnies were taking dirt baths in the garden right after I planted. LOL


I also planted a few rows of miniature sunflowers...they come in different colors and are so pretty. They're just starting to bloom now, so there will be lots more.


And I just happened to see this ladybug on the step by the garden. I like how you can see its shadow. :0)


13 comments:

  1. I love that sunflower. Those will make such pretty bouquets. Is that first flower in the zinnia family? It looks very similar.

    Congratulations to your winners.

    I like your block colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done ladies and I like the look of that new quilt coming along.... sunflowers are always happy....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners. Love the colors in the new block. The flowers are beautiful and the Lady Bug is neat with it's shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sunflowers and ladybugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the block, and it will only get better with more added

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Terry for the fun giveaway for your anniversary! I like the block you have planned. How large of a quilt are you making? That torch flower is really pretty, I am sorry you lost the others to those dirty bunnies. lol. I am glad you posted the photo of your miniature sunflower! I did not know there was such a thing, I drove by someone's flower bed and I thought they had place some artificial flowers in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your winners Terry...great block

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the two lucky winners! Your block is very pretty as are the flowers. Too bad about the bunnies needing a bath! I agree, the photo with the ladybird's shadow is very cool - it makes the ladybird look like an enormous creature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the lucky winners!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a sweet picture of a ladybug. You should print and frame it. I like your tester block. I think you should go forward with it and make a new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to all the winners!!
    Love your fabric combo on your new block and the sunflowers remind me sun and bright days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your blogiversary! I love your garden pics and look forward to seeing the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)