Sunday, September 14, 2014

A little bit of shopping

As some of you may know, I've been on a fabric diet for several years now, only buying fabric if I need it to finish a quilt off. I've bought backing and background fabric, but pretty much nothing else for quite some time. Well, at the quilt show yesterday I kind of slipped a wee bit. I only bought two pieces of fabric, so that's actually pretty good, right? LOL

The one vendor had lots of batiks, and I LOVE batiks. I was good though, and only brought home this one piece. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I just LOVE it! :0)


And then I saw this printed quilt barn fabric at another booth. There are 12 barns in all, so I'll be cutting them apart and then I think I'll alternate them with another block...maybe a star or something else. I don't know for sure yet, but I do love them and having them printed will make this project a lot quicker than if I tried to embroider them.



Just a reminder that I've added the linky thing to my sidebar for the Charming Stars sew-along. If you want to add yourself to it, just use the URL of the post that shows your blocks for the sew-along. There are already lots of lovely blocks showing up all around blogland! :0)

13 comments:

  1. Hello Terry,

    The barn fabric is so you, can imagine a lovely quilt made with this fabric.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what I will do with my barn blocks but I loved them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The barn fabric is great! Even if you're on a fabric diet, it's okay for a tiny little treat now and then to keep your mojo flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the barn fabric, nice idea to put into a quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabrics! You deserve a little something for all the hard work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that barn fabric is wonderful, should be more fabrics like that for those like myself who are embroidery challenged :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed your original post about the Charming Stars QAL. I added my name to the list, hope that's ok. Do I just post on my blog whenever I get blocks made?
    BTW- I have a new blog, sewquiltcreate@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a pretty batik. No wonder you cheated! : )
    That is beautiful barn fabric. So many possibilities. Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely fabric buys and you were very controlled I thought

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed--both of those fabrics are really great pieces--and the barns are so fall looking on top of it--
    have fun stitching them up!
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were very good...I can never exercise that kind of restraint at quilt shows. You purchased two nice pieces of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That fabric looks fabulous, can't wait to see what you do with it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)