Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Small Finish

I was sorting out some things on my sewing table after work today, and I came across this little cross stitch. It's been waiting quite some time for me to make it into something. So I started sorting through my fabric tubs and I came across this yellow fabric. I got busy cutting and sewing and before long I had a finished wall hanging. It's small...just about 8" by 9", so I shouldn't have too much trouble finding a spot on the wall to hang it. :0)


And thank you all for your comments on my last post. I guess I didn't make it clear when I posted that I couldn't go back to just the four patch blocks, as the X-blocks were made using those four-patch charms. But that's OK, because I do like the X-block setting and I think once I get the border blocks made and get it all sewn up, it's going to be just fine that way. Now I just have to find time to sit and sew again! :0)

17 comments:

  1. Love your little wall hanging. hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little piece - good for you in finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet cross stitch project. It is nice to have a finish while working on a large project like a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little cross stitch project, Terry! Even a small finish is a good finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cross stitch piece. When did you make it? I do not remember seeing it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful little wall hanging. I like how you finished it. Looks cute on the hanger. bfiresheets@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finish for your cross-stitch piece. I think you did a beautiful job of enhancing it.
    This design reminds me of the Paula Vaughan patterns I used to have a bunch of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you incorporated the stitching into a little quilt -- I need to do this with some of the pieces I have laying around. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little finish.
    Can't wait to see the finished x block barn quilt

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way you finished the cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous ,you are so quick.I love jump from large projects to little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You finished the cross stitch project beautifully. I love the yellow fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's darling, Terry! And I must tell you, I LOVE the x-blocks in your last post. I think they look much better than the 4 patches. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great finish, love the hanger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terry, that's a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)