Sunday, September 21, 2014

There was music in the air

Last night was the 55th county wide band-o-rama, which was held at our high school. I believe we had nine county bands plus one guest band there to showcase their music. This is a photo of all the county bands on the field getting ready to perform the Star Spangled Banner.


The one band had their quad drummers play upside down for part of the one song. That was something I'd never seen before. The drummer in the middle is blindfolded, and the ones on either side of her are being held upside down.


Here's our high school band on the field. My daughter is in the row on the far left...she's a little hard to see in a photo of the whole band! LOL


The guest band this year was from the College of Wooster. They're known as the Fighting Scots, thus the kilts. They also have a bagpipe group (I happen to LOVE bagpipes) so I was more than a little excited when they came onto the field. What a thrill it was to be able to hear a bagpipe group in person! And the kilts were pretty cool too! LOL


10 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great not of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like fun! I have always admired people who can play an instrument!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun--I love bagpipes, too. Could it be my Scottish heritage showing through? : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great night Terry. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What fun! They are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Terry. Catching up with some way past-due blog reading. Nice to visit you again. I have won some of your giveaway gifts in the past. I had to get a new profile after my old blog was hacked and my old profile hijacked. Anyway, I'm trying blogging again to see how it goes for me.
    connie (aka cootie.bug.connie)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was in high school I was in the band (flute) and I was on the colorguard. I can honestly say that to this day it is something I miss quite a bit. Thanks for sharing! I hope that your daughter loves it as much as I did. :) -Brittany

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)