Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fair Day - Take One

Today was the opening day of our local county fair. I saw some beautiful quilts! The pieces in this first one were about half an inch finished...so many little pieces!


I loved the how the black sashing on this one set off the blocks...such pretty colors! :0)


This was a painting...It was so realistic that it looked more like a photo.I love the jars!


And I found this in the school art projects building. I think it would be great to make a quilt like this...this was just made out of paper squares.


This is a friend of my daughter. She did freestyle reining for 4-H today and got first in her class. I didn't know much about freestyle reining, but the they ride their horses to music and kind of choreograph their riding to it. It was really fun. :0)


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun place to be , lovely quilts and of course I love to watch horses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilts and the other items were so neat to see. Glad you enjoyed the horse class. The outfit looked great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice fair with such talented participants! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts.

    Congrats to your daughter's friend on her win.

    Looks like a fun county fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like a good fair. That would make a spectacular quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed your day, lovely quilts to see too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some beautiful quilts and art at the fair.. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our state fair is here in Kansas. I always spend a bit of time in the Domestic Arts building admiring things. I didn't take any pictures this year.
    Some day I will enter something that I make. I wish I had thought to put in my log cabin quilt and that I had finished my Goodnight Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love country fairs...especially because they promote homemade, hand crafted, and home baked!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)