Monday, September 15, 2014

I just couldn't wait!

I tried not to do it...I really did! I have too many other projects I'm in the middle of to start on something new. But the quilt barns were calling to me! LOL I thought I'd just cut out the barns so that much was done. Then I thought I might try using up the charm packs of Pure from Moda that I had. Well, some of those prints worked and some didn't. So I used what worked and cut some other charms from my stash. I still need to rearrange some of the charms, but this is what I have so far. I also think I'm going to use some of the brown strips from the jelly roll of Pure for a scrappy border on this one. 


Someone (I apologize that I can't remember who) asked in the comments yesterday about sourcing the barn fabric. The selvage says Mystery Harvest Shop Hop designed by Beth Baker Dix for Andover Fabrics Inc. © 2011 Patt 5599. I remember the woman who sold the fabric to me saying it had been for a shop hop. I pulled out the card she gave me about this year's shop hop and I believe the fabric I got came from a place called Sew Happy in southern Ohio. You can find their website HERE. I hope that helps! :0)

20 comments:

  1. You fib. But I think it looks great. A scrappy border will pull it all together. You do amazing things with fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Barns are great. You're always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, sometimes you just need to start something new, I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now look how quickly that came together as a layout! I think you'll be done with this in no time. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just wonderful - can't blame you for wanting to play with this right away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed when I saw this post. I did just receive an email from you saying that this project would have to wait--there were too many things you needed to do first, didn't I?
    Isn't it interesting how demanding some projects can be? : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes a fabric calls to us and we have to listen. This looks great! You'll have it done in no time. The positive energy from this will help you finish your other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arent these barns perfect for a fun family quilt. You have no idea how much I crave being able to start another project when I have one Im working on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terry, I love it!! Don't blame you at all for not being able to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't think it would take you too long to cut into that lovely barn fabric. Love the colors you have chosen to go with it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great Terry. You are so quick. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha!! I was trying to find the like button for Tudy's comment!!

    It's going to be another great one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somehow it is hard to resist a project once the idea is in our minds. It looks nice, Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how that came out, really nice quilt for the fall too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this quilt. I wouldn't have been able to wait either. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous..cant wait to see it finished. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep... That's our Terry! I love this barn quilt and you should be very proud of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, there are some projects that just won't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)