Friday, October 31, 2014

Another New Month

OK...is it just me, or are the months just flying by! Tomorrow is November 1 (how did that happen?) and therefore time for the next installment of the Charming Stars sew-along. If you're keeping pace, it's time to make four more star blocks. I've actually got 14 blocks made now, but I feel like I'm way behind because I want to make this big enough for my bed. That means I need 90 blocks total...45 star blocks and 45 nine patch blocks. I think I'd better get busy! LOL

I've already seen some finished quilts around blogland, which is really cool. And if you're just starting out with the sew-along, that's OK too. 


And here's a little candle mat I made for a friend of mine. I did some things differently on this one than I have in the past. I pieced a square for the star, then cut it out and machine appliqued it to the backing. Then I shadow quilted around the star again and again and again. I think it looks OK, but it was a lot of sewing. And then because I didn't quilt in the border, it made the edges a bit wavy. Oh well...we live and learn, right? :0)


18 comments:

  1. Can we slow down time, I can't keep up. Oh dear just have to stop sleeping I think.
    Love your star block. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these stars, Terry. I love your mom's blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Charming Stars. Those are my favorite colors. Great quilting on the other Star. It looks like it took quite awhile to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute stuff girlfriend!!!

    Yes, I agree, time IS just flying by, faster and faster!!
    At least we will gain an extra hour this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Charming Stars with the alternative block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good. I will get mine done before too long because I have a smaller bed.

    Love the star mat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a lot of blocks to get made, but it is looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little quilt will still be loved and appreciated. You're doing well with the charming stars, especially with the extra blocks between

    ReplyDelete
  9. The months ARE flying by and no matter how I approach my days, they are over almost as fast as they begin. Lots of quilty love on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your top is looking good. Love your star. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way your quilt is coming together. The quilting on your star mat is really cool...you've come a long way, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the months are going by WAY too fast! love your blocks and i have yet to sew a single one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the quilting on the star candle mat. I love the charming star blocks. Are your going to put sashing between the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your blocks... going to be a big quilt... the scrappy stars (which mine are blocks) you did ages ago and I couldnt keep up are going to be my big quilt...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors you are using for your Charming Stars quilt and I like the quilting you did on the candle mat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep hoping I'll go to sleep, wake up and it will be spring - lol. The only way I'm going to get through this winter is if it moves as fast as the rest of this year did! I love your stars Terry, and your little candle mat, the quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Time is flying by. I missed October--hubby had knee surgery and I'm trying to catch up, but that is fun cause these stars are fun. I love the bold look of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)