The other day I spent some time sewing, and I have a total of eight charming star blocks made now. I'm so happy I decided to use my Kansas Troubles fabric for this quilt! I really love how it looks.
I had planned to just put my blocks together, like they're laid out above, without the sashing. Then the other day I saw a quilt that had plain nine patch blocks between the stars. I really liked that, so I made up a few nine patch blocks this morning to see how it would look done that way. I think this is definitely the way I'm doing mine now. I do love it with just the star blocks, but I think the nine patch blocks in between make it a bit less busy. And since I'm hoping to make this one king sized, it will speed things up making half of the blocks the nine patches.