Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Lots of Stuff

There are several things I need to talk about today. First of all...a special thank you goes out to Julie. I found a lovely surprise in my mail today from her...a small box containing a beautiful jelly roll of batiks! I love batiks and have been collecting a few bits here and there. I have them all together in one fabric tub so when the time is right, I'll have them all together to make a batik quilt. And now I'll have these beautiful strips to add to the mix. Thank you so much Julie...you truly made my day! :0)



Also I need to announce the winner of my strips and selvages giveaway. I did the random number thingy and the winner is Sandie! Congratulations Sandie and thanks to you all for being willing to take a wee bit of my stash off my hands!



Now, since today is the first of October (how did THAT happen? LOL) it's time to think about making the next four blocks in the charming stars sew-along. I have been busy with other things, but I hope to get a few more blocks made for my quilt this weekend. If you're sewing along with us, you should try to make four more blocks this month, or as many or as few as you want...whatever works for you. I'll be adding a new linky for October yet this evening, so feel free to add your name to that once you post your blocks for October on your blog.

I think that's it for now. Stay tuned...I have a chicken to finish tonight, so she may make an appearance on my blog tomorrow! LOL


11 comments:

  1. Those batiks are wonderful!

    Congratulations, Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun playing with your new fabrics and congrats to Sandie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie sent you some pretty batiks...they are one of my favorite fabrics to work with.

    Congratulations to Sandie!

    I'm looking forward to the chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely batiks! That Julie is a sweetheart! And thank you!! I'm excited to add some new pieces to my scraps. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely addition to your batik collection.... will get on to my star squares.... woohoo...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. They don't come any sweeter than Julie.
    Lovely batiks to add to the stash.
    I look forward to seeing the next round of star blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice batiks. Congrats to Sandi and I, also, look forward to seeing that chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice gift. Hope to sew maybe this weekend on my stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift, Terry, how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice post, they must have heard you saying you didn't get exciting post, lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely batiks. Oh dear, still have a couple of blocks to go for September. Better get a move on. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)