Wednesday, October 29, 2014

More things to put on my walls

When I was making my barn quilt, and had leftover triangles, I immediately thought to ask Janet if she wanted them. She did, and offered to make me a mini-ornament from some of the fabric in return for the triangles. Well, she sent me not one but two beautiful little quilt block ornaments. They're the brown ones you can see below...the green one she sent a while back after I sent her my leftover triangles from my Goodnight Irene quilt. And I'm so happy I finally found a place to hang them! I've had this cute wire hanger for ages, but never found a use for it. Now I have, and I love it! I just need to find a couple other things to hang from the other two hooks. You can see a better picture of the ornies on Janet's blog HERE. Thank you so much Janet! :0)


I was sorting through some things in the basement this morning, and I found this owl cross stitch my grandmother made many years ago. It was framed at one time, but now I just have the cross stitch piece. It's a bit dirty so the first thing I'll do is give it a soak and see if I can get it to come clean. If not I may tea stain it a bit, since there's a definite stain on it to the right of the one branch. Then I can figure out what I want to make this into...probably a small wall quilt. Gram's gone now, so it will have extra special meaning once it's done and on the wall.


17 comments:

  1. The ornaments of gorgeous. Love the owl. A precious memory of your Gram. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet's miniatures are amazing--glad you found a place for them so you can enjoy year round

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful owl. And the miniatures are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the miniatures! The owl is gorgeous. A special memory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ornaments are lovely and look terrific on the hanger. Love the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ornaments and the owl...can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ornaments are just darling and I love that owl. Try soaking it in a little Oxyclean for the stain. It works well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sweet miniatures and the Owl is a treasure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those ornaments hanging on that, how lovely!!! And what a treasure that you found, I hope you can get the stain out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hanger for the ornaments, Terry!
    That owl is such a special treasure to have from your Gram! Oxyclean works for me, too, but if not, tea staining is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ornament hanger is so lovely, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea for the hanger, the ornaments look fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you need to do something special with the owl. A lovely frame would be nice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute wee ornaments, Terry; lovely of your to share with Janet and lovely of her to share with you :-) The owl is beautiful - well worth saving and preserving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute ornaments , lucky you .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty ornaments and a lovely way to display them. How wonderul to find your Grandma's cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That hanger and ornament display is gorgeous! And I love your grandmother's owl. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)