Thursday, October 16, 2014

Silvia and David

Many years ago, I joined an online group of crafters, and met Silvia. We emailed back and forth and became good online friends. But with her living in England and me living in the US, there wasn't really much chance of us ever meeting in person. Then one day she said she was going to be coming to the US to a wool festival in New York State. The place the festival was being held was only about 8 hours from where I live, so I told her if nothing else, we could meet halfway in between or something. Well, things just weren't working out to meet up, so I kind of forgot about it. Until she posted on Facebook that she was in Florida. Then I told her I would drive to New York if I had to...we'd most likely never be this close to one another again! A few days later I had a message from her saying they would be happy to drive to my house, if I didn't mind putting them up for a night. So on Tuesday afternoon, I finally "met" Silvia and David. We were both a bit nervous about meeting in person, but we hit it off right away and had a lovely two days visiting and getting to know one another better. On Wednesday we went to Amish Country. Here's me and Silvia in front of a small covered bridge in Charm, Ohio.


And this is Silvia with David. He was so good to put up with our shopping all day!


At the one farmer's market, we found orange and purple cauliflower! We'd never seen such a thing! LOL


And here is Silvia after we got back with the Amish quilt she bought. It's beautiful and such a wonderful souvenir from her trip to Ohio.


I was good and didn't buy any fabric while we were shopping. I did grab this sewing machine cover, but David and Silvia bought it for me. Now I'll think of them every time I sit down to sew and take the cover off my machine.


Silvia and David left this morning to go on to New York for the wool festival, and I miss them already. I loved every minute I got to spend with them, and I'm so thankful I had the chance to spend time with them and get to know them better. :0)

20 comments:

  1. I love meeting my online friends! It looks like you had a wonderful time. I met two fellow bloggers on our recent trip to Nova Scotia, and there are certainly no uncomfortable silences. LOL! Like you, we thought we might have to cancel one of the meet-ups due to unforeseen circumstances, but we just kept exploring the options until something worked. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful Terry! I'm so glad you got to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story, Terry!
    I've never met a blogger I didn't like. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it worked out for you to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very cool! Glad you got a chance to meet and hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure they will miss you as much as you will miss them but it looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to meet with a bloggy friend...glad you both had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun. Maybe one day you will get to England

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wonderful! A once in a lifetime chance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Silvia's quilt and your machine cover. A lovely gift to remember your friend by. Sounds like you had some special time getting to know each other. I have seen purple cauli but never orange. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun, fun time! And I love the machine cover - just adorable. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's rare that bloggy friends get to meet in person because we are usually all spread out. It's great you all could work it out and to find you liked each other just as good in person!


    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting Terry what a wonderful gift

    ReplyDelete
  14. how special, glad you had time to spend with her and had fun!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  15. How nice that you met Silvia! :)
    Glad you both had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well how cool is that!!!! I'm so glad you had such a good visit, love the sewing machine cover they gifted you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, thank you for writing this lovely story. It was just wonderful visiting with you,John and Emily (and Savannah,lol)
    We miss being at yours. You looked after us so well. I still live in hope to be able to do it again some time. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. Love the sewing machine cover

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Terry & Silvi.
    It looks you all had a wonderful time together I am so happy you could meet up
    I can only dream about how lovely the US is in the autumn & those wonderful colorful veg look really tasty
    Although I can’t be with you both I am sending my love & lots of Hugs your way
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So happy you got a chance to meet Silvia and David! :) I will also get to meet a longtime online friend (Tina and I met in an rabbit newsgroup in the late 90's) next summer when she's coming for a visit. Years ago I also had a chance to meet a penpal from Japan. :)

    How cool are those 'Halloween cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)