Thursday, October 2, 2014

Super-Sized Chicken

I sat last night and sewed up my new chicken pincushion and gave her two button eyes. Next thing I knew she was out on the deck getting some fresh air! LOL I love this chicken...I've been wanting to make one with selvages for a long time. I have no idea why I waited so long...it was so easy! This one started with two 6-1/2 inch squares, so she's about twice the size of a normal chicken pincushion.


I've seen some with crazy hair online and that's what I wanted to do with this one. I love how it came out. Although she's been shedding all over my sewing corner. Or should I say molting? LOL


And here she is next to my other chicken pincushion. You can see the size difference. If you want to make one of these for yourself, you can find the instructions HERE.


24 comments:

  1. Definitely a bit more wild and crazy than the sedate log cabin chicken! What fun! I have wanted to make one of these for some time, too, and still haven't tried even one. Yours is so cute--molting and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I've always wanted to make one of these. I can't compete with yours for cuteness, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I think we need all kinds of chicks in our hen house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I might have to make me one. Did you make the smaller chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chicken & the wild hair. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute or should I say Two cute. Love them both but I must say the newer one sure has personality!! Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, think I like it being bigger too, especially with it's special hair do

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Terry,

    It looks like your chook is yelling out "what happened to my hair"

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love it! So much character.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a collection of pincushions and there are a couple of chickens in it. I haven't made one yet but perhaps I'll give it a go. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terry I absolutely love the size of this chicken...the others are just too small for me to use comfortably. And that hair - adorable! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Funky Chicken!She will perk up any sewing project you work on! I do have 2 large ones that were gifted to me an love them as well. You have inspired me to do more small projects with all my selvages!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wild chicken...she is great! Love that she is supersized!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is CUTE! I didn't look at the tute but is the hair mentioned in there because it just makes the chicken sing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so adorable, blue hair and all! Thanks for the link, I need a chicken pincushion. Carole @ From My Carolina Home

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE!!! Especially with the wild hair - she looks like me in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)