Saturday, November 15, 2014

Baby it's cold outside

It seems like there's been a lot going on around here lately, but not much sewing. Well, I did spend part of a day finishing off a Christmas gift, but I can't show it until after it's gifted in December. And it's not actually finished yet...it's just a top and it's on it's way to Joanne for her to work her quilting magic on it.

I got my barns quilt back from Joanne the other day, and got the binding put on it. It's been washed and dried now and is just waiting for me to decide where to display it.


And it's gotten rather cold here. Last night our local high school football team played in the second round of the regional playoffs. Unfortunately we lost, but it was a close game. About halfway through the game we checked the weather, and the temp was 30 with a wind chill of 24. Now you see why we were dressed like this. In case you can't tell, I'm the one on the right. LOL


17 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, Terry!
    You were brave to sit out in that weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt. I can't wait to see where you hang it.

    I sure was cold last night. Glad you kept warm and sorry they lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your barn quilt looks beautiful. Oh brrr....that looks and sounds cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your barn quilt looks beautiful. Oh brrr....that looks and sounds cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure is cold.....love your quilt....you can hang it in my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks good, hope it finds a lovely place to hang

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finish! love it! Burrr is right. Has been too cold too soon here as well. Sorry your team lost!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great mom (aunt, friend, etc) will make the sacrifices to cheer on her loved kiddos! I really like your brown barn quilt, it's nice and bold. Are the barns fabric prints?
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your barn quilt is awesome. It is really cold out. We have a winter weather advisory for my side of the state. I hope they are wrong and we don't get snow over night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You barn quilt looks wonderful Terry. Could've done with some of that cold the last 2 days. Suffering in 43 & 42 degree Celcius weather. :(. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. the barn quilt is great... so cold for you and we are the opposite... would be nice for all of us if the weather would just be more moderate!!! haha

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your quilt. We just got back from the UP and my son got 32" of snow. We left just as it was starting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that barn quilt!!!! Girl, you had it warm compared to here - we had below zero wind chills all day. The temps never got out of the teens!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)