Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hats and templates

The other day I saw some cute hat ornaments on Facebook. I showed them to mom, and she made one up (the one on the right). Mom and dad were down to visit on Sunday and she brought yarn with her so I could make some more. I ended up making two (the one on the left and one I gave to my DIL) and then decided they were just a bit too tedious for me. They are cute though! Click HERE for a video showing how to make them if you want to give them a try. 


A few days ago I was reading Lorraine's blog and she was talking about getting the templates for her flowering snowball blocks from Baycreek Quilting. Well, of course I had to go and have a look, and I ended up buying three sets of templates. I got the one for the flowering snowball that Lorraine was doing, as well as a drunkard's path template and the improved nine patch. That quilt has been on my "someday" list for a long time...maybe now that I have the templates, I'll actually get around to making it!


13 comments:

  1. Those little hats are awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute hats.
    I love both the Drunkard's Path and Improved 9-patch. A few years ago I bought templates for the Drunkard's Path and I was showing my Mom how to make the blocks--she had never done curved seams. Well, she loved it, borrowed the templates, made a full quilt, and now it is mine. Later I found some Improved 9-patch blocks in a thrift store, bought them and put them into a top, which I donated to a charity that was finishing quilts to give those in need. Now I find I am not motivated to make either one. Go figure. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job on the hats you made.

    The templates look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found it hard to stop at just one set of templates so I dare say I will be back on the site one day soon! I am loving the flowering Snowball blocks - they are going together so easily I see many more in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those cute hats. So cute. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little hats are so cute. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are cute hats. Lorraine can always lead us to goodies to buy. Those blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute little hats. Can't wait to see your new project grow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, they're really cute, something really different for you :) Enjoy planning your quilt

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw those! I really liked them glad you told me they seem a bit tedious to make!!!
    Look forward to seeing the new quilt...whichever you decide to make

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute hats!!! But they do look a little fiddly to me...I don't do well with small stuff anymore. Nice templates, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hat ornaments are cute. You would think I would like the red and white one best but I think the blue one is quite eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am making a flowering snowball quilt. I am using KT fabrics. I am making 100 blocks. I hope you join in on the fun. Your hats are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)