Sunday, November 2, 2014

Touring England

This book was recommended to me by a fellow blogger who loves all things England just as I do. I've just finished the book and it was a lovely read. The only problem is that it makes me want to visit England even more now than I did before reading it.


About the book:  A thrilling ocean voyage on the Queen Mary 2 from New York City to Southampton culminating in a two-month ramble through the charming back roads and small villages of the pastoral English countryside in the spring of last year is the subject of this delicious travel journal that Susan has painstakingly hand-lettered and water colored in the way many of us have grown to love over the years.
Join Susan as she recounts her lighthearted ramble of discovery through the historical homes and gardens of art and literary heroes, along ancient footpaths, through wildflower meadows and fields of lambs, into tea rooms, pubs and antique stores. This lovely hard-cover book includes hundreds of photographs and a red ribbon sewn-in book mark. A FINE ROMANCE is a work of art, part love story, part travel guide and all dream come true.

9 comments:

  1. I am glad you found the book as lovely as I did. :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for new books. Will take a look at this one. Thanks for telling us about it. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for new books. Will take a look at this one. Thanks for telling us about it. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds wonderful. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good will check this out thanks terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. England is only wonderful in the Parts you are not living it!!!
    But the Book sounds lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Promise me that if you ever plan a trip to England that you look me up! It would fab to meet you and show you my part of this beautiful country :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read her blog - it's just delightful - and followed along on her trip. Glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)