Friday, November 21, 2014

Trying to use up some scraps

I thought I'd show you the progress I've made so far on my scrappy nine-patch leaders/enders project. I've been trying to use up some of my 2-1/2 inch squares, but they seem to be multiplying when I'm not looking. These blocks haven't made a dent in my scraps, so I guess I'll just keep sewing.


The other day I saw a beautiful red and white quilt on a blog (I'm so sorry I can't remember which one...I need to write these things down! LOL) and I decided I just had to get the pattern so I could make one for myself. This is the book the pattern is in, and the one I want to make is the one on the bottom right. It's called Checkers and I can't wait to start on it.

14 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how the scraps multiply? I made 6 doll quilts and nearly 50 mug rugs the past couple of months, and I have more scraps now than when I started. i better get back down to my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start on your 2 1/2 in. squares.
    Pattern looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of your scraps. Looks like a fabulous book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt. Don't talk to me about scraps. I dragged out mine yesterday to take bit's & pieces out of & i couldn't believe how over flowing it was. Interesting book. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Scrappy Nine Patch is looking good! I like your new book too. Blogging has not been good for my budget! I am always seeing a quilt book or pattern on a blog and then have to have it. You should be very proud of your daughter Emily! She is certainly a kind and generous young person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A scrappy 9-patch is high on my list of favorites! Looks great, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get so frustrated trying to use up my scraps - you're doing a lovely job with yours!! I like that checkers quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think you'll ever get to the end of your scraps, lol. I keep promising I'll get back to mine one day :) Have fun with the new book

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your scrappy quilt. It is amazing how the scraps keep growing. I guess that is a good thing because that means we are sewing just not sewing scraps. I will be watching to see your new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here you go scrapping it again!!!! As always...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anyone is gorgeous.Have fun !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely quilt for your ever growing collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cheery quilt, love the scraps! I can't wait to see the new quilt.

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)