Thursday, December 11, 2014

Beautiful art

Some of you may already be familiar with the artist Michelle Palmer. If you're not, I suggest you check out her blog HERE. She makes such beautiful things. I fell in love with her pen and ink drawings, and yearned to have one of my own. Then one day, I saw on her blog several adorable sewing themed pieces. I ran right over to her Etsy shop and was lucky enough to make four of them mine. Since then they've been sitting on my sewing table patiently waiting for me to do something with them. One day I saw another blogger had attached hers to little canvases with little easels. I couldn't find those, but I did find some fat square canvases that I thought might work. It took me a while to figure out how to get this project all together, but I finally did and here they are.


I backed each drawing with a contrasting piece of brown fabric, then I sewed those both onto the backing fabric. Once that was done, I centered the whole thing on the canvas, pulled the backing fabric to the back, and stapled it in place. I love them all, but this little bird is my favorite! And yes...that's a little plant pot full of scissors! I love being able to see them all there. :0)


16 comments:

  1. Love the drawings and you did a good job on them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever way of displaying these pieces... and the little bird is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you fell in love with them! They are so sweet. I reałly like how displayed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous and what a nice way to display them. Amazing what we can do when were determined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute, Terry! Love 'em! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sweet and I love the way you are displaying them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOOO! How cute!! I am going to check her out now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you have done that... I have my first one of hers now...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're really pretty, great way to display them

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her stuff!!!! Those turned out darling, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! Thanks for telling us about her :-) also thanks for your previous post about blogger changes. I need to look at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Were they done on canvas/fabric? You done brilliant with them! They look real cute

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are very adorable and what a clever way to display them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)