Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Blogger Shenanigans

We all know that from time to time, blogger changes things on our blogs without our knowledge or approval. Well, they've done it again. I saw on several blogs today that blogger had added a word verification, or in this case a number verification, when readers try to comment. After checking out my blog comments, sure enough there it was. I've changed my settings to remove it now. Kathy did a great post explaining how to fix this issue, so if you have the same problem, just read her post here and you can change your settings in just a minute.




And I know this doesn't really show you much, but I have been doing some secret sewing for Christmas that I can't show you yet. This project is done, and I have one more to get the binding on. Then I think I'm ready for Christmas! :0)



EDITED:  I had a nice comment from Carole this afternoon and she's done a blog post on this issue, or part of it at least. You can find it HERE. Also, if your comment doesn't show up on my blog for some reason, you can always just email me. There's a link to my email address near the top of my sidebar.

13 comments:

  1. Thank you Terry - I had no idea about that - hate word verification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that yesterday but forgot to ask you about it. Sorry I did not bring it to your attention. I know this project. Hope you get the last one done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that Terry, a friend told me it had appeared on my blog but when I checked I had all the right boxes ticked...I'll go to Kathy's post and see if I can sort it. Interesting little sneak peak - it doesn't give me many clues....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed the number verification on my blog too. I couldn't remember when I had put that on. Guess I didn't. I'm working on secret things too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up, Terry. I had no idea, but it was true for my blog, too. I appreciated the link to Kathy's blog for the simple solution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happened to me too! Going to fix it now. Thanks for the heads up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terry, the word verification is happening a lot... by the way it is still there on your! haha... lots of us are having it so I'm sure it is just a hiccup and will get fixed...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for letting us know Terry and for the link to Kathy's instructions. I've changed mine too now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for that Terry... I have just gone and changed mine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I noticed that too, Terry. I was wondering why everyone had added the word verification at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grrrrr Blocker we are creatures of habit and adding word verification and numbers is not always wanted or needed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I meant to say to you about it, but forgot, lol. Glad it's gone now

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really, really bummed that this is happening - because when blogs have embedded comments, I can't comment on them. I have to copy and paste the link into Firefox [from Chrome], and then I can comment. So it's a pain, and everyone has done it now, lol!!! I have pop-up comments on my blog, and didn't see any number verification, but I also moderate comments. I was getting 50-100 spams per day, but I hate those verifications. Easy enough to delete them from my inbox.

    One thing - at least the numbers are easier to read than the words, yikes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)