Monday, December 22, 2014

Red, White & Blue for Christmas

I can finally show you a quilt I've been working on for a while now. I got the top done in November and then sent it off to Joanne for quilting. I got it back a couple of weeks ago and got the binding on and got it all washed and dried and snuggly. And today it went to its new home. This is the lady who drove the bus when my kids went to kindergarten, and then again when they went to junior high and high school. She's just retired...Friday was her last day. And since this was the last Christmas/end-of-the-year gift we'd be giving her as our bus driver, and because it was to celebrate her retirement too, I wanted to make it special. I asked her favorite colors and she told me red, white and blue. I went digging in my stash and found all the fabric I needed to make this...I just had to buy a sheet for the backing.





23 comments:

  1. Terry! This is a great quilt! So very kind and thoughtful to make a special quilt to celebrate her retirement and to thank her for years of safe transportation provided for your children. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt!

    Do you know the name of the quilting design?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift for your bus driver! You'll have drivers signing up to work in your school district! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt, Terry. Great retirement gift : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt!,Terry! And a great story to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gift I am sure she will treasure it!
    Happy retirement to the lovely Bus driver

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet. I'm sure she will always use it with love.
    The quilting is a great design

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift. I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be a special quilt, a great way to mark the end of her association with your family. She'll never forget you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely gift!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a very special gift. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red, white, and blue...I'm sure she'll treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankyou for your Christmas wishes Terry. I hope your Christmas is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas to you and yours Terry!!!

    Your quilt is lovely and such a kind gesture to a well deserving lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas! Anyone ever told you your awesome!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful gift! I'm sure she will treasure it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilt Terry. A very special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a stunning quilt. You gave a very special gift. I really like this. I might make a QOV like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)