Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Seriously...

How can it possibly be December already? Time always seemed to go by fast for me, but since I started working back in March, it literally flies by. I really miss my sewing...it seems like it's always the last thing I get to when I do have a day off work. Oh well...it is what it is and I just have to deal with it.

I hope you've all been doing a lot of sewing! I've been visiting blogs when I can, and have seen lots of lovely charming star blocks and tops out there in blogland. I haven't sewn one block since last month, although I'm off work tomorrow and hope to get to some sewing then.

If you're following the sew-along schedule, this is the month to make the last four blocks for your quilt. Next month we'll be adding sashing and cornerstones (for those of you using sashing and cornerstones) and then the sew-along will be over. And since I don't have any new blocks of mine to show you, here's a pic of the way it looked before I took it down off my design wall. I do have more blocks made, but this is all that would fit. Next time I'll have to take the picture of the blocks laid out on the living room floor. As I said, maybe tomorrow. :0)


14 comments:

  1. Love your colors and it is coming along for you. I have to get back to mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colors are great! And the nine-patches make the stars pop even more. Mine got put aside for Christmas projects, but I hope to get back to it soon. Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so nice, Terry. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put my stars away for now. Too much Christmas sewing that needs to get done. I will get back to mine in January. Yours looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic. Love the colours you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt. All those stars look perfect. I wish I could have followed your sew-along. I love that pattern and still intend to make it...someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Until i saw you picture i'd forgotten it was December & time to sew more blocks. How could i forget you are wondering? Comes from being so tired & having so much on for end of year things. :) lol. So i know what i'm doing this coming weekend. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh goodness... so it is.... must get my post up.. the blocks are done... been so great...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to work really throws our plans into a spin - never enough time in the day. Your star quilt is looking wonderful - I haven't started yet - a job for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time is going so quickly, you'll enjoy the time you get to work on it, when it comes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, it is very hard to believe it is December already

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is going to be so beautiful...love the fabrics and colors! I can't believe it's December either...I'm just not in the holiday spirit yet!! I've got to find a way to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time is going so quickly and suddenly is December and my Christmas spirit didn´t arrive though this week I begin with some Christmas decor.

    Your top is super cute and love your fabric combo .
    I haven´t began sewing this top, only choose some scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)