Monday, January 12, 2015

A Charming Finish

Well, it's technically not a finish for me until it's a finished quilt, but the top is finished and that has to count for something, right? LOL This ended up a really nice size...it's about 68" by 81". I had thought to add a border or two, but I think I like it just the way it is. So now I need to find backing for it, and then get it sent off for quilting.


I just wanted to mention something about the upcoming sew-along. First of all, thank you all so much for showing so much interest in it! I'm really pleased that so many of you want to sew along with me! What I wanted to say is that while I'm going to use 2-1/2 inch squares for my nine-patch blocks, there's no reason you can't use three-inch, four-inch or even five-inch blocks for yours. If I didn't have so many 2-1/2 inch scraps to use up, I think I'd use bigger pieces myself. So just plan to use whatever size works for you. :0)

27 comments:

  1. Terry, I love your quilt alongs! I guess you saw what I was working on today...you and I must be on the same wavelength!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way this one just flows - very nice. I don't think it needs borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, very charming in deed....
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in you quilt top. That means you and I both finished our tops today.

    Can't wait for the next sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A most charming top, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this warm and starry quilt, Terry. You have lovely SALs and I enjoy watching. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!

    I've been quilting mine today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way this turned out, with the extra 9 patches, and the darker colors. Do you know how it will be quilted?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty quilt top Terry. Can't wait to see how you have it quilted.

    Good luck with the next sew along :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks great. I wouldn't add borders either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your quilt just the way it is. The stars pop with the rich colors of KT fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! The stars look very sparkly against that background. They show up very well, I really like it!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is beautiful. I wish I could join you but just trying to finish on some UFOs at the moment and school is starting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks good Terry, the stars really pop against that background

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, Terri. An excellent sofa sized quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your top looks gorgeous Terry and I love the colors you've chosen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is one of my favorites, love the contrast of the stars. on the darker prints. Looks perfect without borders.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too like it the way it is....

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful top Terry! I love those colors! It reminds me of the blocks I started for Bonnie Hunter's "Wonky Wishes" quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it Terry and really like the extra blocks of nine patches , that is a great idea and I just might copy that .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks great! I can't wait to get back to mine. If I had enough fabric, I would do the 9 patches too. I like how the quilt looks with them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful top Terry :) I too like it just as it is :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)