Saturday, January 24, 2015

A's, Bees and Dandelion Seeds

Since I've finished my charming stars top, and the pinwheel quilt, and my scrappy nine patch top, it was time for me to choose another project to start on. I went through my project tubs last night and found one I've had tucked away for quite some time. Long ago (sounds like the beginning of a fairy tale! LOL) I bought this panel. The line is called "A's, Bees and Dandelion Seeds" by Jacqueline Paton for Red Rooster Fabrics. I know it's an older line, but I couldn't find a date (thank goodness! LOL). 


I got the panel cut into blocks, and then dug through my stash looking for fabrics to go with them. I found some and decided to make four patch blocks to alternate with the ABC blocks. I only have one four patch made, but I hope to make some more tonight.


And for those of you doing the snowball sew-along, here are a couple more ideas for you if you've not decided on fabric yet. My mom (Tudy's Craft Cupboard) send me an email a little while ago with a two-color version of the sew-along quilt. 


I told her I loved it, but then I played with her drawing a bit and added a blue square in the middle of each snowball block. It would mean a bit more piecing, but I really like how that version looks. Now she's trying to decide between using just two fabrics, or using a variety of blues and yellows. I think using lots of different prints would give it more interest, but that's just my opinion. :0)


10 comments:

  1. Oh golly I love that panel. And the snowball quilt with the squares in the middle, great design! I too love scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The panel is so cute! It will look great with the simple 4-patches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute panel - it was time to play with that one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a gorgeous panel, love the fabrics you've paired with it :) Lovely ideas for the the sew-along :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you are doing with the panel. I still have not decided which way I am going with the snowball quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm the snowball quilt. So many ideas. It's hard to know which one to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for the panel . Like this new idea for the snowball quilt , haven't yet decided which one to make .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your idea for the panel. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The alphabet blocks are going to look good, and love the new design for the snowball blocks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)