Thursday, January 1, 2015

Last installment of the Charming Stars

I really wish I had a picture of my charming stars quilt to show you. But I don't because I haven't sewn any new blocks for it in two months. I have a slower week at work next week, and I plan to spend my days off sewing to make up for it. If you've kept up with each month of the sew-along, you're now ready to add sashing and cornerstones and finish your top and quilt. I know many of you are done already, and some of you haven't even started. If you are finished, please add a link to the post showing your finished quilt on the Linky thing on my sidebar. That way everyone can visit and see all the lovely quilts. And if you only get a little bit done this month, link that up too. It will encourage those of us who are behind to get busy! LOL




Many of you have asked about the next sew-along. I know for sure it will be a couple of months before I start a new one. I have several ideas for patterns I might want to use, but if you have any suggestions, just let me know. I'd love to have your input! And thank you all for taking part in this and all the sew-alongs I've had. It's been so much fun to be making quilts with all of you and to see all the different variations you come up with along the way. :0)

12 comments:

  1. thanks Terry. This was my first time to sew along with you, and I enjoyed myself. So much in fact, that I made a second quilt top this past week. I'll try to get a picture posted tonight. Looking forward to the next one, after you've had a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting another fun QAL. Mine is in flimsy stage - maybe that will be January finish as it really shouldn't sit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is partly in rows and I hope to get the top finished shortly. Then I will lay it out, pin it and tie it. Then just binding it will be left. Let's see how this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my first comment just up and disappeared…??? This one is too cute Terry. Ya'll need to hurry up and git er sewn together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life does tend to get in the way of creativity once in awhile, Terry. It will get done soon, I am sure. How about a scrappy Irish Chain for the next project?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh! I have the top done. I will really try to get it finished this month! I have another quilt to finish that is spoken for for purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you'll feel better and enjoy some creative time next week

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be adding sashing tonight sew hope to post over the weekend.
    How clever is Sunny, not one finish but two...
    Have never done an Irish Chain sew Needled Mom's idea sounds interesting.
    Do hope you get your mojo back soon and I look forward to working on another SAL in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Terry, I've kicked myself for not getting onto this sooner but hopefully seeing other finishes will help get me moving!! ANd hopefully I can get it at least started before the next sewalong!!! Wishing you a happy new year of sewing and quilting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a bit behind too Terry but plan on getting back at it very soon !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you enjoy a wonderful 2015

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm obviously late to this party ... maybe I'll be able to join in the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)