Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sewing and Reading

It's sure been nice to have a few extra days off from work. It's given me time to finally get to some sewing! Besides getting all the blocks made for my charming stars quilt, I was able to finish up the scrappy nine patch blocks I'd been working on as leaders and enders. I got this top put together this afternoon...hopefully later I can lay out my charming stars and start putting that top together.



And I've also had time to do some reading. I was lucky enough to get a copy of this book from the author. I started it yesterday afternoon and finished it last night...I just couldn't put it down! I happen to love lighthouses, so the fact that the story takes place at a lighthouse made it even more interesting to me. I love it and can't wait to read the next one in the series.



Here's what the book is about...I highly recommend it! :0)

All she's ever wanted was a home. But stranded at Presque Isle port after their steamboat sank, Emma Chambers and her brother, Ryan, couldn't be farther away from security. While Ryan at least can find work, Emma can't even find a place to stay. An unlikely solution arises when the lighthouse keeper, who recently lost his wife and is struggling to raise his young son, arrives in town. A traveling preacher believes they might be the answer to each others' problems, and after a hasty marriage, Emma is headed back to the lighthouse with this handsome but quiet stranger.

But nothing in her wandering life has prepared her for suddenly being asked to raise a child and keep a house. Struggling at every turn, Emma also suspects Patrick may be keeping something hidden from her. In town she hears whispers about strange circumstances surrounding his previous wife's death, and it seems as though Emma's answered prayer for a home and family may actually be something much more dangerous.


You can find more info about the author at her website HERE or on her Facebook page HERE.

20 comments:

  1. I too had time off from work...a month...I go back tomorrow. I got a lot done also. I do not take the time to read but I do audio books, heard a bunch of good ones! The Silent Wife, First Phone Call From Heaven to name a few.Have a great week! L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your top....mus check out the book thanks Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Irish chain quilt. I love to do leader/ender projects. Some times it seems like I am sewing twice as fast. Thanks for the book suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations on finishing your lenders and enders project. This one has been in the works a while and it turned out really pretty.

    Thanks for the book review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanted to read this one Terry but it's still $9.99 on Kindle and I won't let myself buy any that expensive. I have lots of books on there that I haven't read yet so I can't justify it. I'll check my library for it. Thanks! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Yes…sooo nice for you to have some extra time! I don't know about you, but when I worked it seemed I got A LOT more done. I think I just made better use of my time since I didn't have that much time at home. Now...you are close to a GREAT finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scrappy quilt looks exciting, playful and fresh. Now l have to check out this book too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the book sounds very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  9. the quilt top is lovely. I can't wait to catch up with my star blocks. All my pots and pans are currently stored on top of my fabric and project trunk and it's too much effort to move everything to get my completed stars and the rest of the charm squares to get it finished. the kitchen is being fitted next week so I can catch up then. The book sounds interesting so I'm off to check out amazon for it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sewing and the book sounds like a perfect summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your top. I read that book about 3 weeks ago. Loved it & got the follow up books. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need a good book to read, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a great story. I have enjoyed so many that you have recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilt top. The book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt top has turned out really well, looks really fresh

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great scrappy top from your leader/enders, Terry.
    I am intrigued by the sound of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How nice to have some time off! And it looks like you put your time to good use. Very pretty top! Thanks for the tip on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt top looks great, Terry - great you found some time for doing some sewing :-) The book sounds like something I would enjoy...love those books you cant put down!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt top looks wonderful!!! One of these days, someone is going to have to explain leaders and enders to me - I just can't get it, lol. Looks like a good book, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute little nine patch! Glad to see you had a little more time for sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)