Wednesday, March 25, 2015

New curtains

I recently decided it was time for new curtains in the living room. I know I could make curtains, but I wasn't in the mood, so I went in search of something at the store that I liked. This is as close as I got! LOL I've always had just a straight valance at this window, so these definitely give it a different look. Then I decided I wanted to try to make a curtain to match for the back of the living room at the french doors. Only one door opens, but that still meant a very short valance was all that would fit there. So back to the store I went for a second set of curtains I could cut down.


And this is what I ended up with. I think the curtain looks so much better there than the ugly plastic cover that came with the vertical blinds. Now I've been adding a touch of red here and there in the living room to try to pull it all together.



17 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the valance. I love the shelves you have for your plants. Do they stay there year round or just during the winter months. It's a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Terry, nice little pops of colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great on the curtains. I love all your wonderful plants by the window/door. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the valance for the French doors. Perfect. I too love the plants. I may have to see what I can do with my door. Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them. Good job in making the ones for the french doors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! Must be the time of year for new curtains...I just did the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the valance. Very colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I really like the shape of the first set of curtains. I have finally finished cutting fabric for my snowball quilt - yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it surprising how a little change like this gives the room a fresh, new look? A very nice touch, Terry. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your curtains look great! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look so nice and it is a great plaid too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely better than a plastic cover, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, Terry!! I stopped making curtains when my youngest found my scissors, and cut all the curtains I had made.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this new look. Your remake of the curtain for your patio door was a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)