Thursday, March 19, 2015

Two years ago...

Actually, when I looked it up, it was February 2013 that I brought home this beautiful cross stitch wall hanging from my mom's. She had made it with her stitching friends many years ago. At the time, the colors she used to make the cross stitch into this little wall quilt were all the rage. I've had it up on the wall in my sewing corner since I got it, and while I loved the cross stitch part of it, the rest of it really didn't match anything in my living room. I had asked mom if she would mind if I took it apart and redid it, and of course she didn't. So yesterday I started, and cut the cross stitch out of the middle of the little quilt.


Today I bordered it with some black fabric, got it quilted and bound, and now it's hanging in a new spot in my living room. I even had this sewing machine hanger to hang it from. I love how simple this is...I think the cross stitch is more the focal point now, which is just what I wanted. I really do love it! :0)


23 comments:

  1. I love it a lot more the way you did it. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry what a wonderful idea! And it's really showcased by the black! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Now we can focus on your mom's stitching!! It is gorgeous...an heirloom piece for sure!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cross stitch! The new border sets it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both ways looked real nice; but now it is a piece that shares parts of both of you. A real family treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful update, Terry. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a huge difference... I love your version...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the simplicity of it now too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much better! I love the simplicity of it. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the updated wallhanging - looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a difference! You're right - the cross stitch is the focal point. I love the hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really puts the attention where it should be. Nice makeover! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks perfect and suits the stitching really well. Great hanger too

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's my initials, but I don't remember which part I worked on. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks fabulous Terry. Wonderful makeover. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The new border lets the cross stitch shine!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like it both ways but isn't if refreshing to be able to change up the border and create a whole new piece?

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is darling, and I love the hanger! I do remember those colors in your first pic....

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are right, much better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The new version is beautiful. You're right, now the cross stitch is the focus.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The new border fabric brings this wonderful keepsake to life. You chose well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)