Thursday, April 23, 2015

Gift Horse

So you've all probably heard the old saying, "Never look a gift horse in the mouth." Really it sounds odd, but basically it means if someone does something for you or gives you something, you thank them and appreciate it. Well, I don't think my daughter has heard that saying. Either that or she's just very particular. Or maybe both. After I made the little zip pouches for her and her friend, both of them had complaints about them. Neither liked the bigger zippers, and Emily said hers was too big. It literally was a quarter inch longer than her old one...they were made from the same pattern! LOL So yesterday I got two new zippers and some different fabric and tonight I made two new ones. They're going to like these or they're going to do without! LOL


And now I can show you the last PIF I made, since it's arrived at its new home. I made this for Kate, and I'm happy to say she loved it!


16 comments:

  1. Well, you are a sweet Momma - I would have made them do without the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They better like them or I to would say find your own somewhere else. Love the PIF too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're much nicer than I am! Let us know how they're received. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would have signed them up for a sewing class. *LOL*
    Cute PIF quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha... Tough times. Very hard to bite your tongue. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've got some tough quality control there! Lucky girls! ;o)

    The PIF is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're nicer than I am! Maybe having a sewing lesson and letting them make their own will fix the "picky factor" . . . :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice mother you are, Terry! I hope she is happy this time around.

    Your PIF is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee hee! Youngens these days! Course it is probably our own faults. Love the colors of the little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice of you to remake the little bags! :-) The PIF is very cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a good Mum Terry. My kids wouldv'e been told like it or lump it. :) Love your PIF. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. They do look better with the finer zips, glad they're finally happy, and a lovely PIF too

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had the same thing - I made my boys wallets and they complained. I told them to go buy their own, then, lol!! I even used boy fabric!

    Lovely, lovely quilt - very glad she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're very patient making even more of the little pouches - glad to hear they are happy now! The little pay it forward quilt is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your PIF! Just beautiful. I recently explained the phrase 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth' to my children. We then had a lovely conversation about teeth!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)