Monday, April 20, 2015

Little Zip Pouches

In August of last year I made Emily a little zip pouch to attach to the lanyard she keeps her keys on. She loved it and has used it to keep her driver's license, money, etc. in. Well, she recently told me she wanted a new one. She wanted black, but we ended up with a dark blue batik. And then I found out her best friend wanted one to match. So this morning I sat down and made the girls their zip pouches. I'm still not very good at these, but I think the girls will be happy. Next time I'll get zippers with smaller teeth though...my sewing machine didn't like the ones on these zippers. But they're done and that's all that matters. Until next time! LOL



If you're interested in making some of these for yourself, you can find the tutorial HERE.

19 comments:

  1. These are so cute Terry, like you I am not that good with making pouches and I need to make four in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and handy! I like that batik fabric! I will definitely check out the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial. Might try some on the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and useful. I prefer to use the nylon zips for small pouches and totes. AND I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute - and isn't it nice to be asked to make things!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are soooo cute. I use nylon zips for my zipper pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They came out beautifully. I know the bigger teeth are harder to sew over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these little zip pouches. They are so handy. Yours are so cute with the little ring too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cute, Terry, and just the right size. Thanks for sharing the tutorial link ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. Thanks for the link. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can find some cute inexpensive zippers on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fabric you chose for the girls' zipper pouches. As much as you fret over the zipper, they won't! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! I was on a zippy pouch run a few years ago. They make fantastic gifts. I'm a BIG fan of ZipIt Zips on Etsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are super cute, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sweet little pouches! Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that batik--what a clever idea to have the necessities on your key ring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on the pouches...and I love your new blog look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They'll love them I'm sure - I would! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)