Thursday, April 30, 2015

Nest watch

I went out with my camera yesterday to check on another robin's nest I had found. Here's momma robin on the nest...


And here are her babies with one egg left to hatch out. I know some people think the little ones are ugly when they look like this, but I just love them! LOL


We had a mourning dove build a nest in the end of our downspouts. I do worry that if it rains really hard, the nest could get flooded. Mourning dove nests are very flimsy.


And here is another momma robin on the nest I showed you the other day. She wasn't moving off the nest the day I took this picture, but later when I checked there were babies instead of eggs! It's raining today, so I won't bother her. But if it's sunny tomorrow I'll have to go and peek at them! :0)


14 comments:

  1. Love all your bird pictures but mostly the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats wonderful don't you just love spring.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, three nests. I don't think I've ever heard of a bird building a nest in the gutter...hope it doesn't rain too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun....enjoyed the pictures and the feeling of spring...we are finally without rain for a few days...we thought it would never stop

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to watch the nests. We have a lot of birds in our back yard, but I've yet to see any of them nesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to have nesting birds to watch. Hope the dove will be ok where she nested. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. how lovely.... such a priviledge if birds nest at your home I think...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring is so much fun! You are like a little momma bird with all those babies to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, we didn't find the nest in time to see the robins in this stage. Spring is such an exciting time of year with all the babies around!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!!!! I love seeing those little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't they just darling!!! I think I have a nest in my gutter above my window - the cat thinks so too. I can hear them knocking around in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's going to be a lot of activity going on in your back yard this spring

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your bird photos. This time of year I am captivated by all of the bird activity!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)