Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Snowballs for April

Well, here we are already at the third month of the sew-along. I know a lot of you showed interest in making this quilt back before we started, but there have been only a few of you using the linky thing on my sidebar. If you're sewing along at all, even if you're behind, feel free to link up to you blog posts so we can see your progress.

This month you'll once again make nine snowball blocks and nine nine-patch blocks. If you're following the sew-along, then at the end of this month you ought to have 27 nine-patch blocks and 27 snowball blocks made. If you want to sew them together as you go along, that's fine. I sewed mine into four patch blocks as I went along, which made laying the blocks out in the end much easier and quicker, with less sewing left until the end.

Here's a peek at my quilt, just back from the Joanne last week. I love the little butterflies she quilted on this one! I had hoped to have the binding on and have it finished by now, but that hasn't happened. Hopefully I can work on it tomorrow.


11 comments:

  1. Love how it came out. Hope to work on mine today. Will post if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks incredible, Terry. I love the texture that the quilting adds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you are done already! I have the blocks I showed last time. Guess I've gotta get to it.
    Love your quilt. The quilting is great, too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful... quilting just adds to it ...... I have done a bit more but the stitcheries are slowing me down... I just haven't managed to do much of them ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes - the butterflies are lovely. Right, I need to do a blog post on my progress! I'm actually looking forward to sewing these little squares together. I probably won't be saying that once I get half way through the top though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's beautiful Terry, the quilting really compliments your work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great - I need to get a wriggle on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Terry...I DO want to participate...but there just hasn't been much sewing happening in my life. Things are crazy as we prepare for moving. I'm hoping this month I'll be able to make some progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilting on that! Sorry about the spam, don't understand why such things happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)