Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Spring is in the air

Actually, spring is in the pond! LOL It's finally gotten warm enough for me to take the heater out of the pond, and to put the filter and pump back in. I don't have the waterfall set up yet, but at least the water is circulating now. And the frogs have come out of hiding as well. The first picture is big froggy...when he's sitting like this, he's as big as your hand!


This is little froggy...he's only an inch and a half long or so when he's sitting.


And here are our three fish. I was glad they all survived the winter.


This is our cat. His name is Kitty. He was just waiting for me to finish taking pictures so I'd sit down and pet him! LOL


And here's a note to Sheila Otte...you came up as a no-reply blogger so I couldn't reply to your comment on my last post. I used raw edge applique to attach the little squares to my snowball blocks. I just lined them up, measured to be sure they were close to even, and then stitched about an eighth of an inch inside each block. Easy peasy! :0)

15 comments:

  1. Love all the pics! Kitty looks happy that spring is coming too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of happy backyard friends at your house this spring! 🐸

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is now really spring since the frogs and fish are out.
    Love the new background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics. Kitty is beautiful. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you are going to enjoy Spring....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww....there is nothing like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the quick reply regarding putting a square inside your snowballs. Sounds easy enough!
    sheilaotte@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely to see everything coming back to life. I've seen lots of pictures of ponds heaving with frogspawn over here, it's going to be a good year for tadpoles by the looks of things

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like everyone (thing?) posed nicely for the photo shoot. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be much warmer at your house - what a lot of friends you have in your backyard!! BTW, I LOVED your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the sound of frogs. We get excited when we hear them at home

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Spring. So happy that your fish survived the winter, amazing. Enjoy your pond :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun to see SPRING at your house. Love the frogs !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice for you to finally have Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your froggies look kind of scary to me... LOL I can handle our tiny ones, but there is something creepy in frogs in general for me... :D

    Do you keep the fish in the pond over winter? How do you keep the water open...? Stupid question probably, but I can not imagine them surviving over winter overhere...

    Hi Kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)