Sunday, May 24, 2015

Front Porch Re-Do

When we bought our house 15 years ago, it had blue railings on the porch. Several years ago we noticed the railing was rotting, so we took down the bad parts and left the posts and the top. A couple of weeks ago my son Brian and I were talking about finally redoing it, so he took some measurements and got a price for the materials for me. Yesterday morning we started taking down the rest of the old blue wood, and then went to the lumber yard. We got the posts and most of the railing up yesterday, and finished up the last of it today. I love the new look, and am so glad Brian was able to do this for me. Next I think I'm going to repaint the shutters...I just have to decide on a color. And see when Brian can help me do that too! :0)


Before...

After...


21 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've got some cosmetic work to do on my house when I get home too. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice. How wonderful it is that you had such good help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The porch looks great. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch looks super!!! Yay for such wonderful help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great and was nice to watch him work. The step railings will make it so much easier for me to get up the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very nice! Wonderful to have a handy son around!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's done a good job, it's a lovely addition to the house

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful - I really like the railings. I've always wanted a porch (or verandah as we call them)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice change. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You both have done a lovely job. Painting the shutters will make a real difference.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful change, love the porch, of course I love porches ! Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you did to your porch!! You did good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you did to your porch!! You did good job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the updated look. Bet this makes you smile every time you look at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the new look. Are you leaving it au natural?

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is amazing what a new railing and columns does to the look of a house. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)