Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pure Log Cabin Blocks

Back when I bought the Pure charm pack that I just used up, I also bought a Pure jelly roll. I've been trying to figure out for a while now what I wanted to make with it. Today I went back and forth and was looking through some of my quilt books, and I finally decided to make some log cabin blocks. I have two done so far, and I'm really happy with them (they're each about 10 inches square). But the challenge with using a jelly roll is that there's just so much of each fabric, so my blocks won't all be the same. I guess I'll keep sewing until I run out of fabric, and see how many blocks I end up with. When I'm done with the blue and white prints, the rest of the blocks will be brown and cream prints. I'm not sure how that's all going to look together though...time will tell! :0)


21 comments:

  1. HI, SO NEAT! Very pretty block! I used all my Sweetwater 'Heart' fabrics up>still like it!
    msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think some brown and some blue blocks will look lovely, if you can get the right number in a barn raising style. That's always the trick though isn't it...getting just the right number!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking lovely. I am collecting fabrics for `Cabin Flowers` by Vicki Bellino,the pattern being in hr book `English Paper Piecing`. Using a jellyroll would be quicker. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats going to be lovely using those fabrics...........one day I would like to make a log cabin quilt...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love these colours and fabric... looking forward to seeing the others xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fabric! Your block is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always loved this line - blues and mocha browns - will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Terry. It will be a gorgeous quilt. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty fabrics! Looking forward to seeing more blocks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the block. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love log cabin blocks. Your block looks awesome and love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Terry - that was a lovely range!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lovely Terry and it will have a great scrappy look to the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is divine, I just love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours in the block...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty fabrics in the soft blues.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the fabric you used! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)