Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Birds and Blooms

Last week I found another mourning dove nest. At the time it had two eggs in it. When I went to check yesterday, momma dove was sitting tight so I thought she must have chicks now, and sure enough once she flew off, there were two little ones in the nest. I found two more robins nests too, so I'm looking forward to seeing them hatch out as well.



This is a new rose for me this year. I wasn't planning on getting any new plants, but I couldn't resist this one. I just love the color! :0)


I have two planters on the deck. I love them there because the hummingbirds often come to visit them. The one is mostly purples and the other mostly pinks.



13 comments:

  1. Love the fact that you have so many birds nesting near you. The flowers are beautiful. Love the new background. I think this is one of your favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bird in her nest! Your flowers are so pretty; all that hard work is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to be so close to nature. Isn't God wonderful? L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhh, summer! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never find the nests around here. I love seeing your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to sit on your deck and enjoy nature with you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have been busy. We've got a couple of sparrows nest building at the moment in the garden, think they're a bit behind, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fun watching the new birds... lovely to see the flowers too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see the birds & flowers. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice pics. The pink rose looks like the Prairie Rose, our state flower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers, thanks for showing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to come to your house to smell the flowers, lol! Wow I love that pink. And those wee baby birds are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)