Saturday, June 20, 2015

Cutting up

It's been a busy month here, and I've not done any sewing. But I did finally do some cutting tonight. I've had a fat quarter bundle of "Serenity" for Henry Glass by Heather Mulder Peterson forever, and I've finally decided to make something with some of the fabrics. I love the soft browns and blues in this line, and since I've decided to redo the spare bedroom in these colors, I finally decided to cut them up and make something with them. There are greens in this line too but I'm not using them on this project. I cut nine-inch square blocks to make the most of the fat quarters, and now I have a stack of blocks to lay out tomorrow.


And here's all I had left of those fat quarters...not much waste on this project that's for sure!


And here's the beautiful sunset we had tonight. I just had to share it with you all.


14 comments:

  1. Glad you got some thing started to sew. Beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wishing I was by the lake last night. I could tell by the sky around my house that the sunset would be beautiful on the lake. Thanks for sharing your picture. Quite breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is pretty, enjoy making your little quilt, and what a stunning sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you are making with such pretty fabric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sunset and the fabric you have cut is pretty too.... hope you find some more sewing time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really did make the most of your fat quarters! I look forward to seeing what you make.

    Lovely sunset!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty, Terry, hope you get some time to sew! Lovely sunset. Congrats to your winners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bet it feels great to get started on a project, looking forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sunset, Terry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not much sewing here either...beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a glorious sunset!!!
    I'm not doing much sewing either just reading and knitting...now that my knitting mojo seems to have returned!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous sunset! Lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)