Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Now what?

I have a small problem. I've had a few people ask about the next sew-along...what will it be and when will it start. Unfortunately, I have no idea. I want to pick a quilt that I really want to make...that when I see it I just say wow...I want to make that! And I want something that's a free pattern, so all of you sewing along don't have to buy a pattern. And there lies the problem. I've spend a good part of the morning searching through free patterns online and I can't find anything that wows me. I have found a couple of things that I thought, OK, I wouldn't mind making that. But nothing that really excites me. And I being too picky? Maybe. But my sewing time is so limited that I know I need to find something I really want to make. So I need your help. If you know of any free patterns that you want to make, or think would be great for a sew-along, just leave me a comment or email me and let me know. I sure would appreciate the input, because quite simply, I'm stumped! LOL



Updated: I have come across something that I like. It's not a definite yet, but it's something to think about. Check out the Lattice Bones quilt HERE.



14 comments:

  1. Have you seen the new U-tube pattern with Missouri Star Quilt Co.? 9-patch and rail. They use a layer cake, but would certainly work with a jelly roll and/or scraps.
    https://land.missouriquiltco.com/fence-rail-nine-patch/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=lp&utm_campaign=t061

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw this one. I want to make it. I don't have any layer cakes but I am sure I could find fat quarters that would work.

      Delete
  2. I am sending you a link (I hope), so be looking for it. L

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Terry..........
    I know it is difficult to choose what to do in SAL's..........mine is slightly different to you as we always buy a pattern but trying to find one that is lower costs not only run as a BOM costs...............
    And trying to choose the "right" pattern is always a challenge...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find too many, lol. I really like the Lattice Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute pattern.....I can see it done in lots of different fabrics.

    Missouri Star Quilts has a lot of neat designs.

    Looking forward to what you decide on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take your time and don't pressure yourself. Be happy with your choices.,something will jump out at you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two good places to browse would be Missouri Star Quilt Co. Tutorials and also ModaBakeShop.com. See if anything interests you there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm game to try anything you put out there. If you are still looking for ideas I came across this one last week.
    http://www.freshlemonsquilts.com/?p=2116

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think when time is limited, you do get more choosy, hope you find something that you really like soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't checked this site out but they offer free patterns.

    http://www.mccallsquilting.com/blogs/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geez. I need to finish my Charming Stars! LOL!! I want to finish and I will. I just put the project away to work on other things and forgot all about them. Now I need to get them out and start working on them again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the Lattice Bones. Very clever construction. Quite doable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Terry, I chanced upon this:
    http://chock-a-blockquiltblocks.blogspot.fr/2011/08/disappearing-9-patch-variation.html
    when browsing through that:
    http://www.with-heart-and-hands.com/2007/10/free-quilting-patterns.html
    Yes, choosing (the pattern, the fabric) is the most difficult part sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)