Sunday, September 20, 2015

A little bit of a facelift

When we bought our house 15 years ago, it had blue shutters and blue porch railings. Earlier this year my son redid the porch and it made the house look so much better that I decided we needed to do something with the shutters. I considered taking them down and painting them, but several of them were falling apart so it just seemed simpler (though more expensive) to buy new ones. They came in this week and today we got the new ones put up. Here's a picture of the one window before...


And after, with the new black board and batten shutters up. I absolutely love how they look!


Here's an old picture of the house with the blue porch...boy did my flowers look good back then! LOL


And here's the front of the house today. I need to work on the flowerbeds yet, but the house itself looks so much better! :0)


14 comments:

  1. Looks so much better. I like your background too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so much brighter. Great choice on the shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new facelift on the house looks great... Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the shutters. It's a lot of hard work to revive flower gardens but will be lovely again once you do. The house updates look great! Happy gardening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your "facelift".
    I haven't done a thing in my yard this year. Between my health and travel back and forth to my daughter's, it just didn't happen. I have some lovely weedbeds. Hopefully next year they will be flowerbeds again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new porch and colours look great.
    Weeding isn't fun but sometimes is worth the time

    ReplyDelete
  7. The home improvements look great. How are you and the family , are you doing much quilting, I am trying to get back to it, Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Terry - your home is so inviting!!! Great porch appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new look reminds me of Ranch House style! before looked good but after looks really nice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great!! Come do ours now....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your front porch, and the home improvements you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)