I was out pruning the forsythia a bit today and found a branch with some buds on it. It seems odd, but I've had it happen before.
I've been working some on the flowerbeds, and have the left half of the front flowerbed mulched. There are lots of flowers that will come back up in the spring, but for now it looks pretty bare. I took out our water garden by the deck too, so that's also been leveled out and mulched.
Fall is definitely in the air around here, and on the ground as well. These maple leaves are just the beginning of the colorful leaves we have to look forward to over the next few weeks.
And while I've not been actually sewing, I have been working on a new project for a friend of mine. I'm making a t-shirt quilt for her daughter. This is the first t-shirt quilt I've made, so I'm learning as I go along. I'm ready to attach the t-shirt parts to the fusible now, and then I can cut the blocks to their actual size. Once that's done I'll be adding sashing and cornerstones. I can't wait to see how it comes out. :0)