Monday, April 18, 2016

Baby stuff

Once the t-shirt quilt was done, it was time to move on to baby things. First was the minky blanket. I just folded the fabric in half right sides together, and sewed all around, leaving a small opening to turn the blanket right side out. Once that was done I pinned it all the way around to keep it straight, and did a top stitch close to the edge. It's all finished now and is wrapped up for the baby shower in July. Aren't those hippos so cute?



Next was a little wall hanging. My grandmother had made this cross stitch piece for me many years ago. I took it out of the frame, and made a little wall quilt out of it using the same fabric to border it that I'm going to be using in the baby quilt. I though it was kind of cool that my grandmother made this for me, and now I've made it into a keepsake for my granddaughter to be. I didn't show this to Emily so it will be a surprise for her when she opens it at her baby shower. Next on the list is to start cutting blocks for the baby quilt.



12 comments:

  1. Love them both. Great job you did on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little quilt and what a sweet treasure to pass on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fun, quick way to warm up a baby! : )
    I absolutely love that you are handing down the stitched piece from your grandmother--and adding your own little touches to it. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fun fabric, the hippos are gorgeous and the little quilt is a treasure. It's so special to have something that could be handed down

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Terry the blankie is so cute, and that treasure from your grandmother made me tear up - what a lovely thing to be able to pass down to your own granddaughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blankie, so cute. What a treasure to pass on, so lovely. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hippo blankie is so irresistible! The stitchery came out great! She will be delighted! You did good! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the hippo fabric! That will make such a lovely gift as will that treasured piece from your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute cuddley Hippo blanket...
    Sew beautiful to have made the gift from your grand mother into a wall hanging for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hippos are adorable.

    The treasure you are creating for Emily is going to be so special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! I love what you did with the cross stitch! How wonderful to pass it down in such a way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hippos are so cute, and how lovely to be able to pass on your grandmother's lovely cross-stich to your own granddaughter! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)