Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Sharing some chickens

Not real ones...cross stitched chickens! When we were helping mom sort out stuff at her house a while back, lots of her stuff came to my house. Now that I'm sorting things out getting ready to move, I'm only keeping the things I really love. I came across this cross stitch piece that was in a frame my dad had made. It's a cute cross stitch, but I'm not into chickens. My friend Carol is however. So I unframed the cross stitch (so I could keep the frame) and turned the stitchery into a little wall hanging for Carol. Now that she's received it, I can finally post about it. :0)


14 comments:

  1. Love your idea of re inventing Terry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job and I am sure she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for recycling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you frame the cross stitch pieces with fabric. I'll bet she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very thoughtful of you. It looks great in wall hanging form. : )
    My grandpa had a farm and chickens were his focus, as far as animals go. He traveled the country supervising the "chicken houses" at county and state fairs when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great idea. The hanging looks fabulous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are so fun Terry...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's given new life to the stitching and that fabric coordinates perfectly with them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Terry,

    Your chickens get to live again. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful way you re did the chicken cross stitch. I am sure. Your friend loved it and you still have the treasured frame...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good idea, and something I'm doing myself at the moment, lol. Smart idea to gift it, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, they are so cute! Lovely gift for your friend :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)