Monday, October 30, 2017

Getting my mojo back

Believe it or not I have been doing a bit of sewing. I recently made a cat mat for a friend to put on the table where her cats like to sit and look out the window. The one side (seen below) is plain black and the other side is a black print. My friend plans to flip it back and forth every month, as cats need variety! lol As you can see it has been cat tested and cat approved! :0)


I recently volunteered to make a t-shirt quilt for a friend of mine for her daughter. The shirts have been prepared and last week we went shopping for the fabric for the sashing, cornerstones and binding. Now I just have to find time to cut some fabric and I can get this one sewn together.


I've been on a fabric diet for years now, only buying fabric that I needed for a specific project. Well, a few months back this piece of octopus fabric came home with me. I have no idea what I'll do with it...maybe make a bag or something. But I just had to have it.


11 comments:

  1. The cat mat is definitely cat-approved, what a great idea! Love the octopus fabric, and what you got to go with the t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see your post and glad your sewing again, it takes us time to make adjustments. Have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your post, Terry. I completely understand the need to have that cute octopus fabric! Looking forward to seeing the t-shirt quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects to work on, i need to get going myself, been slow this year.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. From a cat mat to a T-shirt quilt--that is quite a leap! :)
    Loving those batiks! Oh, they are pretty.
    The octopus fabric made me laugh, but it does have kind of lacy feel to it! LOL I'll be interested to see where it ends up in one of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the octopus fabric. I couldn't have resisted that either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice so see you sewing again, I'm doing a little also. You have to watch octopus-------they'll do that, just sneak in your stash when your not looking. Would make a really cute bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. he looks very content, welcome back to the world of sewing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think a beach bag would look great out of the Octopus Fabric...
    Look forward to seeing the T Shirt Quilt grow.
    Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you got your mojo back...what a great idea for a cat mat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment for me! If you don't have a blog or are a 'no-reply' blogger please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply to you. Enjoy your day! :0)